Thursday, May 16, 2013

Return of the Spu.

Spu has actually been wandering around Eastern Europe (well, Germany, Poland, and Russia) for the last few weeks. With me so conveniently located, Spu was flying in and out of Munich and upon his arrival back from his journeys, requested that we eat Asian food. Well, his exact words were that he really needed vegetables and food that wasn't meat, potatoes, cabbage, or the like. Pooey recommended that we go back to Kushi-Tei so off we went.

We shared set menus C and D because they had a variety of vegetables, seafood and meats. Spu is so happy to have his asparagus skewers.

Yakitori. Also, I should grill zucchini more often.

California roll side

When Spu ate his prawn, he actually said something along the lines of, "I miss seafood that's not fish sooooo much...."

And some beef and shiitake skwers.

The next day while on a tour of Berchtesgaden (where it snowed despite being May), Spu actually looked up a viet restaurant he wanted to check out.

Spu with his mixed Viet meats, vegetables and rice.

My bun cha gio and bo. Mmmm

 But eventually, there reached a point where there were simply some German/Bavarian foods that Spu needed to eat before venturing back to Melbs. We had German tapas one night where I criminally forgot to take any photos, but I'm sure I'll go back there and will have more opportunities for photos.
Also, Spu finally got a Spanferkel haxn (suckling pig pork knuckle). While he was carving into it, you could hear the crackling crackle!

I had lamb fillets with beans and 'taters.

So bai Spu! And thanks for the FCB shirt and the tub of ice cream you left in my freezer!!!

No comments: