Sunday, June 09, 2013

Gamsei

This post is a bit of a long time coming because I actually visited the bar Gamsei con mis hombres Nestor y David after the Bundesliga trophy presentation. But I went there again recently and realised that while I took photos in anticipation of blogging, I didn't actually blog this.

In the grand tradition of Melb people packing up and heading to Bayern, Gamsei is actually opened by Matthew Bax, who ran Der Raum on Church St. And in the grand tradition of Melbourne bars, it was serving pretty damn good cocktails (at prices I think some Muencheners aren't used to, but seriously, some of the best cocktails I've had).
Our cocktails! I can't remember what they were but mine was the one in the hipflask!

Cool decor. Mis hijos even said it was one of the classier places they've been to. When I came back the second time, I asked the waitstaff if the bottles were purely decorative or if they contained things. They said if there was writing, it contained something. 

On my return visit to be bar, due to an event occurring on the same night and the friend I'd arranged to meet not answering her phone for a while, I ended up being literally the only person in the bar and drinking with the staff who were superfriendly and ended up making me non-menu drinks. I told them I'd be back, and truly, I can't give a better recommendation than that.  

No comments: