Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Budapest - Day 2 part ZAMARDI!

And so now we come to reason why we jetted off to Budapest - our day trip to Zamardi on the shores of Lake Balaton for the Balaton Sound Electronic Dance Music Festival. Except it would actually turn out to be a night trip because checking the schedule a few hours before our planned departure to the town, we discovered the DJs we wanted to see, Alesso and Axwell were playing at 1am and 3am, respectively. 

During the 2.5 hour train ride, we three all somehow crashed and then upon waking, the British and American guys next to us started quizzing me on whether it's true kangaroos can be found on the street and how could I be Oriental if I'm from Australia *slow clapping*. 
We eventually got this sweet view of the largest lake in Hungary from the train and those guys stopped talking!

After a 20 minute walk from the train station, during which the entire route seemed packed with festival-goers having EDM parties on the street, we made it to the festival grounds. It was pretty much the mos relaxed festival I've ever been to - mindful of previous fests forcing people to throw out bottles, we pre-tossed ours only to find that not only were people allowed to bring in bottles, they could bring glass...WITH ALCOHOL!!! Something to remember for next year.

Otherwise, here are some photos!
The festival wasn't just on the lake, it used the lake by having pontoon stages on it.

Gotta say, the effect of dancing on a floating, bouncing floor was an experience.

The crowd for the main stage.

Steve Aoki!!!

My Hello Kitty water.

You can't tell, but this is Prodigy doing Smack My Bitch Up. 

Fireworks over the lake! Wheeee!

Into the main arena to wait for the Swedes!

And for some reason, my camera made this funky effect

Franzi and Susi waiting, waiting...(incidentally, great dj discovery - Julia Carpenter)

AND THE CROWD GOES APESHIT!!!

Axwell's light show. 

At around 4am, we decided that we were a bit exhausted. I mean, we're not young any more and I had just danced for 3 hours straight and my gammy leg was telling me to stop. Susi later said I was like the Energizer Bunny. Anyway. At this point, we made the best decision of the entire trip. Our original plan was to take the 5:30am train back to Budapest but as we were making our way back to the station, we came along a row of cabs. Upon the driver quoting us a price of 30,000HUF to drive us the 130km back to Pest, we jumped in the cab and got back to our hotel around the time the train would have been pulling out of the station. WIN WIN WIN!!!
And I got these sweet photos of the sunrise from the cab!

The other two were pooped and went immediately to sleep but I insisted on taking a shower before crashing.
Because after seeing how dusty my lower legs and feet were, I don't think you can blame me. 

No comments: