Saturday, July 27, 2013

Wine and Chocolate Night

Did I mention I've made friends with an Italian guy who owns his own wine shop and a German girl who owns her own chocolate shop? No? WELL I HAVE!!!! And these two wonderful people (Emi and Nina) regularly hold events in their shops where we can taste their wares. Sometimes, they even combine powers so that we taste chocolate that goes with wine! It was such a pity then that my face met the pavement the night before Nina was hosting a wine and chocolate night at her shop in Gruenwald.
Nina explains the intricacies of the chocolate she that had been paired to the wines while Emi (in full sommelier get up) watches on.

The fellow in the blue jacket is a friend of Emi's who has a winery in Italy, which was one of the wines available for tasting that night.

Nina's chocolate counter. OM NOM NOM

I could eat the chocolate if the pieces were small and not crunchy, but given that I'd been on a liquid diet for the day, drinking wine wasn't high on my list of acceptable activities. This didn't stop Emi from plying me with some very nice sparkling wine and me drinking a glass of it, but I could really feel the effect :/ So it ended up that I was basically putting pieces of the chocolate that Nina had put in bowls around the shop as 'snacks' between the 'taster' chocolate. I suppose there are worse ways I could have spent an evening when I wasn't allowed to eat or drink :D

No comments: