Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Helsinki Day 3

One overnight ferry ride later, H and I were back in Helsinki. Since we were there for only a few hours, after dumping our luggage at Central Station, we strolled around aimlessly. My great regret is that I didn't photograph the fish soup we had because I was too busy eating it :(
We think this was the university or hospital.

Either way, it was near(ish) to this chocolate shop which was absolutely delicious!

Pretty bridge

Pretty boats

Pretty church. 

Actually, this is the Uspensky Cathedral, an Orthodox church and having more of the iconography I was expecting in Peters.

It also had this sweet view of the Lutheran Helsinki Cathedral.

Also, this sign has so many things that I do or don't associate with Germany that....I just can't deal...

And with one last meal of nachos and chocolate at the airport, we jetted back to our respective homes and real life returned. 

No comments: