Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Heatwave!

It's taken nearly three years, but we finally have a summer to compare to Australia!
Check it out - nearly 6 days in a row with the temperature over 30C.

Since it was so hot, our plans to attend the horse races were scuppered and instead, Markus, Ritchie, and myself headed down to the Isar to go sit in the river to cool down.  
Perfect day - the view north towards the Reichenbachbruecke.

The guys pretend to be mermen.

Just like Australia, Princess Mallymoodle keeps the sun off with my trusty parasol. Pale Ritchie ended up having to use it to stop the soft European sun from burning his even softer European skin.

Unlike Australia, I would never have considered sitting or lying on a stony bank while the (quite strong) river current washed smaller pebbles get washed into my bikini bottoms to be a suitable way of cooling down, so it's good to know that I've managed to evolve and adapt to my environment. 

No comments: