Monday, September 16, 2013

Dumpling day

Remember my purchase of this?
Well I finally put it to the test.

Instead of making ravioli though, I decided to try to make my own dumplings using this recipe.
My filling - pork mince, prawn mince, bamboo shoots, spring onions, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, and a bit of corn flour to make it all stick together.

My pastry dough - plain flour and warm water. I need to work on the dough; it was a bit difficult to work with.

Putting it all together with the help of the guide to make sure I don't overfill it!

And voila!

Boiled and ready to eat!

So I clearly ended up with dumplings but did it actually work? Well yes and no. Being made out of plastic, the rollers moved when I turned the knob, meaning that not all the dumplings sealed properly and I would then seal them by hand to make sure it was completely closed. Doing that, I lost the fluted effect :( To be honest, it probably would have been much faster (and neater) to just use my hands. But on the other hand, it was pretty fun and Fabi got a good laugh out of watching me use the device!

Also, I then got to eat dumplings, so that's always a win!

No comments: