Thursday, November 14, 2013

Best. Investment. Ever.


My. Was that the best investment I've made in a while. 

All those months of being bao-less. All that time searching for dumplings...admittedly, things still aren't great as the frozen bao selection in this city isn't fantastic but I'm slowly getting there. What has really helped is finding a store that sold homemade dumplings (jiaozi), which while not as good as those from somewhere like hutong or shanghai street, will do for now.
Steaming away...where have you been all my life?!

Top shelf - the mushroom and vegetable baos transformed from hard and frozen to puffy and steamy.

Lower shelf - oh yeah...I showed this to Markus who grew to love jiaozi when he went to Shanghai. He wanted to know when I was going to ihim over for lunch.

Om nom! Not as good as those made by Marene's parents but they'll do. 

Anyway, I for see a hopefully bao and jiaozi-filled winter. All I have to do is find someone who sells frozen charsiu bao and I will be a happy mallymoodle indeed. 

No comments: