Saturday, September 16, 2006

The 2006 Postgraduate Ball

Wow! I'm getting old!!! I attended this ball and it's completely stuffed up my sleeping pattern!

Naturally as La Presidente, I had to make sure ACB g
ave good showing so I managed to recruit Ash, Adey, Turdy, Marlena, The Rees lab, Blue, Becstar and Maverick. The event was at the Museum so that naturally appealed to us, or at least me as seen in this photo below!The theme was 80s and so we saw a lot of people there dressed in their best lycra, frills (my dress was cooed over in the loos for being a *raa-raa*) and crimped hair. The guys however, liked to take it to another level by wearing revolting skinny jeans, snakeskin and lots of mullets. Below are Ash doing his best/worst Shane Warne (euw!) and Ronnie...whose mullet actually looked surprisingly realistic.
There were also some more creative people who wore costumes of 80s characters. Some of the best were the Ghostbusters...
(These guys actually did the strut when their song was played, but I didnt get a photo of it)
Super Mario + Maverick from Top Gun...
and these Smurfs getting smurfy.
If someone had a bad time, they didn't have the nerve to tell me, so I can declare a good time was had by all!
Lydia and I swung around her place to change our killer heels for less painful shoes and then we all hied off to Velour for the afterparty for more hijinks.

More photos can be seen at http://mallymoodlespics.shutterfly.com/ (p/word = 12345)

No comments: