Monday, September 11, 2006

Macbeth 2006

I'm not a brilliant Shakespeare scholar or anything, but I do tend to enjoy it whenever I manage to catch it either on TV/movies/theatre. And while I know some people hate it when the plays are adapted to modern setting while retaining the Shakespearean language (e.g. Baz Luhmann's Romeo and Juliet), I've never really had a problem with it so long as the adaptation essentially retains the meaning of the text and situation.

Having said that, this version of Macbeth will be coming out soon.



It has been transplanted from a battle for supremacy in mediaeval Scotland to the Melbourne criminal underworld from the first half of this decade. I think it's an interesting concept. But what makes it even better is that I have free tickets.

Anyone up for it?

No comments: