Friday, January 12, 2007

Back in Sin City

Hey y'all. Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone who congratulated me for getting the schol. You guys rawk! And to Rox, I fully intend to marry rich, just not now and preferably someone closer to my age. And I want to hear that *smart girls* proverb!

But anyway, after a year of labwork and never taking five consecutive days away from the lab (shocking I know), I decided to fly up to Sydney to visit Miss Pooky. The flight was uneventful, the train ride to the city was uneventful, the walk to her building was uneventful. Waiting for her to realise that her phone was dead and I'd been trying to call her for over an hour to say I had arrived was a bit troubling! After calling everyone I knew in Syd and having them laugh at my predicament (which is funny), problems were solved and we headed off to a Thai restaurant for dinner.

Today I'm at her lab, doing some of my work (:S) while Pooky perfuses animals but we'll be heading out to do more of the usual fun stuff in the next few days. Cheerio!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing too interesting... Just that smart girls aren't really in demand. Guys like their girls kinda dumb? My oldest primary school friend and back up plan is engaged! yay her... means my spinster house has an opening. LOL