Monday, January 08, 2007

Battle Scars

Ooh, something exciting happened!

Due to my decreased portions diet and being in the lab for 4 hours, my stomach was pretty sore so I skipped gym thinking that I'd just hop on the bike for a ride post-dinner. Little did I know that I would come to grief after such a short ride. Going downhill towards the parks, I went to brake and turn a corner when all of a sudden I was flying through the air over the handlebars! Ok, it wasn't that dramatic but I did find myself on the ground with the bike on it's side.

After getting up and assessing the damage (sore hip, sore hand, grazed knee) I assured the people who witnessed my fall that I was fine and they helped me pick up and bike and attempt to discern why I fell. It was all a mystery as there were no large rocks present until someone who had righted the bike noted that the front wheel had come off the axle. The axle itself was not broken which made someone else say that it probably had been loose. This then leads me to two conclusions. Either someone is trying to kill me or Pooey didn't assemble the thing properly. In anycase, I now have an ugly scabby graze on my knee in the middle of short skirt season. CRAP!!!

2 comments:

Pooey said...

mooey, i didnt assemble the bikies. ma did!!!

peishapan said...

Moo no good.

Get better knee!! Don't worry - you know you're still sexy!!