Thursday, April 26, 2007

The week (so far) in review

It's only Thursday (wooh! nearly end of the week!) but it feels like Monday. The ANZAC public holiday was yesterday and by golly I needed the day off. Originally I was going to do some sectioning, but I was convinced by Grand Empress Katie that I should take the day off. Or at least that I should take the day off after going bar-crawling with her on Tuesday to celebrate the sacrifice that the Anzacs made so that I may have the freedom to go to uni and do work.

So Tuesday ended up being Friday - we crawled into a number of bars and I made the mistake of telling people that if the days *clocked over*, the drinks count would technically begin anew. So despite my best efforts, the total number of drinks came in at six. Or five because apparently a jug of Pimm's doesn't count. Katie's review of what we did is here.

I also finally got my flight booking for London. This made me sooooooooooooo angry. I had been forewarned that a certain travel agency (jiggle these letters around to get the name of the company - AST), was slightly more expensive but to use them as a guide to costs. Well those assholes quoted me $2,700 on Singapore. When I expressed my disbelief, I was smugly informed that it was the only flight and that many ppl book their flights months in advance. WHAT?! Like FOUR/FIVE months isnt enough notice?!?! As you can imagine, I was somewhat unhappy. Especially since I was going to submit the quote to the department for reimbursement but everyone said $2.7k was excessive, even for Singapore - and I was told I'd have trouble recouping costs. So I journeyed into the city and got a more reasonable $2.24k flying Emirates. Wooh, I get to stop in Dubai!!!

And to make yesterday seem even more like Sunday, I went to a BBQ at Ruffey Park, organised by Jade. I rocked up 1.5 hours late, ate some sausages, demonstrated some choke holds on Dirty Roy, and then watched Team Asia play Team Europe (some Greek guys & their kids who were also having a bbq). Team Euro won 3-0...they even widened the goals to give us a chance but lets just say that the ppl you'd think were a liability (i.e. the kids) were the hardest ones cos they were fearless!

Thank god, only a few more days before the weekend again!

No comments: