Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Big Day Arrives!

After about 5-6 years togther, Dr Ilaya and Mr Kelly finally tied the knot yesterday! Unfortunately, I didn't bring a camera (hey, as a bridesmaid, when would I even have time to take photos?!?) so take me word for it until I can scum pics off other people.

I won't do an entire day run through, but all went
well. By staying over with Nance, we were all on schedule for the hair appointments, make up appointments, photography appointments...only the flowers were a bit late. Everyone fit into their dresses (yay!) which was especially great because Nance and I had pizza for dinner. It was all a big relaxed day - what do you expect when the maid of honour is a guy and I was a groomsman (heh). There was laughing during the ceremony, especially when Nance didn't realise the priest was prompting her to say *I have* and there was a big silence.
My lovely freesia and tulip groomsman bouquet
Also particularly amusing was when Nance went to throw a bouquet and the aim was so off that Marcus had to position her in the right position - it just kept hitting the concrete or the chapel gardens!

Even though it was fr-e-e-z-ing (really, people were rubbing my hands to get the circulation back into the them, photography was fun too. Hampered by taxis ruining the view of landmarks, duking it out for locations with other wedding parties (who would have thought there'd be four in one day - P.S., we had the best dresses, no salmon pink tulle monstrosities for us!), stopping by Maccas in full wedding regalia, the photographer gave up trying to make us be serious after a while.

Then of course, the 14-course banquet at the end.
Count 'em there are fourteen items! And we polished them off good!

Good lord the wedding cake (mud with fondant icing, no marzipan) was good! If there weren't 12 courses preceding it, I would have eaten more! As it was, I took two slices home.

In keeping with everything else, it was highly relaxed and we all just sat around hanging crap on each other. A jolly time was had by all. I know cos I stayed there until the end. The only sad bit was that our shoes maimed us and since I didn't have the foresight to bring along a spare pair of shoes, I couldn't kick on at the wedding reception after party.
My pretty, maiming shoes

So congratulations to the happy couple and have a great life together. And thank you very much for my bridal present (below) - it really matches my clothes!

No comments: