Sunday, July 22, 2007

Potty for Harry Potter (NO SPOILERS HERE!)

Being the perceptive fellow he is, Kahuna gave me a Borders voucher for my birthday!After experiencing the initial excitement of what to get, I realised it would be perfect for getting Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows! Unfortch, since I was in Sydney for the weekend, I did not pre-order a copy of HP7 cos I wanted to get to reading ASAP! I decided the best course of action would be to party throughout the night and then plant myself outside Borders Pitt St. Mall to get my copy.

Again, the best laid plans never work and I ended up waking up in the apartment at 9:30 - 30 minutes after the book went on sale! I reached Pitt St. around 10-something am and was surprised to see the shop didn't have a giant line pouring out into the mall. In fact, it looked kinda empty.
Although if you look carefully, there are several people wearing capes.

Then I went inside the store and found these two m
assive queues. One was to register your pre-ordered copies, the other to collect. Not having ordered, I went to the help desk and asked what to do - and they let me purchase two copies then and there, and thus avoid one of the giant queues! Hooray! (Sooooo dirty :P)
Looking sheepish with my proof of purchase

So here I am towards the back of the queue that stretched into the Centrepoint Arcade.
And here I am quickly moving forwards - the the system was very efficient!

And then with the two books I managed to get! (I was going to photoshop out my double chin but it looked like I had a beard - better get back on that diet!)

From here, I dawdled around, getting groceries, having lunch, making cookies before finally succumbing and sequestering myself in the apartment to read from 3-something pm onwards. Miss Pooky returned from the lab from hell and forced me to take a break for dinner and then movies. We returned around midnight whereby I declared I was not going to sleep. Come 3:30am I finished the book and then messaged Pooey in London to let her know I was done!

So what's my verdict? It's action-packed, it answers all the questions, and it was downright satisfying!

No comments: