Sunday, July 08, 2007

Face Framing

Some people say that if there's one thing that can alter a moderately good looking girl to an all-out stunner, its her eyebrows. Case in point, Liz Hurley.

L. Hurley circa 1989. R. Hurley currently
Okay, ignoring the shocking hairstyle, lighting, and wardrobe (no comment on surgery), you've got to admit, she looks a lot better with those arched eyebrows. Dare I say younger? Eyebrows can also cement a friendship - at ski trip 2001 I told Miss Amandine she had very nicely shaped brows and we've been friends ever since!

I first started plucking my own brows into a mildly arched shape from the age of 15 until I discovered waxing at the age of 19. That pretty much stopped when the shop I used to get it done at changed hands and started to concentrate more on d
oing nails - I didn't like the smell. And so I went back to plucking, until I really couldn't be bothered maintaining the shape and let them grow back in.

Well Nance *requested* that Rachie Poo and I get our brows shaped for her wedding and we all headed to Liz Hurley-world, the Estee Lauder Brow Booth to get them done. And then when she was done, she declared it a great job, as did Nance and Rachie.
Top - old brows. Bottom - new brows.

I don't know - they look the same to me. A little thinner and a bit straighter, possibly, but nothing that's drastically altered my looks. I guess I need to get plastic surgery done :P

2 comments:

Mishymoo said...

I think your new brows are bushier!

mallymoodle said...

nah, she filled them in with pencil!