Thursday, July 12, 2007

Stupid diet, soooo cranky

There's been nothing much to write about for the last few days simply because I haven't done much. Well that's not true, as you can tell by the title, I've been on a diet and it's making me cranky. We got the dresses for the wedding back last week and I only managed to try it on Thursday. Imagine my shock when the dress I remember being roomy had been taken in to the extent I didn't try to sit down! On Saturday, Rachie and Nance confirmed that they too believed the dresses had been taken in too much.

Since then I have been on a shocking diet get the dress comfy. It zips up without too much difficulty but there's no way a wedding banquet is going to fit inside! The diet is basically:
  • No bread
  • No rice
  • No pasta
  • No dairy (other than yoghurt)
  • No meat if I can get away with it
  • No added sugar or salt
  • No processed foods or food I don't prepare for myself (if possible)
  • Very much decreased portions
  • Regimented eating times - NO SNACKING!
However brutal this diet may seem, this is me in the dress.I spent last night going around the house in it (homework, etc) so I guess the diet worked. All I have to do now is maintain it.

The flipside is that by the time 5pm gymtime has rolled around, I AM BLOODY STARVING!!! and totally incapable of doing my normal workout *sobsob*. So to compensate, I have been getting off the bus two stops early and walking while carrying about 5kgs worth of computer and another 2kgs worth of handbag (I like to carry a lot) - a distance of about 1.5km. I've also been working hard trying to get as much work done as possible for the London conference that I've been sleeping around 2am. So basically, I am food-deprived, sleep-deprived, and exercise-deprived.

On the other hand, if there's one thing this has taught me, it's that I will never be anorexic :D.

No comments: