Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Damsel mentality

I do not advocate being a weak female preying on feelings of chivalry that years of training have resulted in deeply ingrained responses in men. No-siree.

Having said that, I'm not above taking that help when it's being offered for free!

About a fortnight ago, I forgot to turn off the carbogen and so had to order another huge cylinder of gas. Huge. Well the cylinder finally arrived and it was delivered to the basement. I had to fetch a trolley and exchange the full cylinder with the empty - both of which are bigger than I am. I also happened to be wearing a nice aqua singlet with frills around the shoulders and a little skirt so you can imaging the pathetic picture I made trying to figure out how to do it. After a while some random guy took pity and got it onto the trolley for me before going back to his own work. And then some more randoms held doors opened, pushed elevator buttons etc etc. I'd just like to take the time to thank them all now.

And I'd also like to take the time to ponder just what I'm going to do when I get older and lose the cuteness. Eeep.

No comments: