Friday, November 09, 2007

Oaks Day

Well it was back to the public lawns when ACB went to the Oaks this year. We decided to do the same as last year and convene at the Bat Cave before trying to stake out a patch of lawn near the 300m mark - any closer to the finish line and it's more like the public mosh pit. Here's a selection of pics.

Adey, Nickyliou, Ash, Dancinghula and yours truly.

Turdy girls it up while John IT lets out his inner gangster.

Nickyliou and Dancinghula give Turdy some girling advice.

A beautiful view!

A not so beautiful view :(

...and some people thought my hat was big!

I didn't know leprechauns came that size.

Adey gives the day his thumbs up.

In terms of gambling, I sucked big time this year. Impressed by Zarita's strong finish in the Wakeful Stakes on Saturday, I decided she was a sure bet in the Oaks. How wrong she proved me. Despite Thommo's pleading, I could not be persuaded to put money on a horse in race 8 named 'Let Go Thommo' which turned out to be a good decision because he turned out to be a donkey. And then my namesake horse in race 9 was scratched. Signs!

For my photos of Oaks, go to http://mallymoodlespics.shutterfly.com
password 12345

No comments: