Monday, May 12, 2008

In London again!

Well, following on the trend of cities as boys, London would be the equivalent of the buddy - we get on well, I know the quirks and despite all the craps, they cheer me up! This is my third visit, second in less than a year, and I finally realised...I've done all the main touristy things within the city limits!

But to paraphrase Dr. Johnson, when you're tired of London, you're tired of life and that's not the case with me! I started off London Trip mk3 by catching up with various Meldon folks. First off, I met up with Dirty Roy at our fave eating place, Borough Market, for food! Since Dirty Roy works near London Bridge, he knows which stalls were the best and when he said the magic words *pork crackling roll* I demanded to eat it! This was followed up by some fresh squeezed juice and dessert. Dirty Roy had a one quid brownie (which was huge, but inferior to the two pound brownie according to him) while I had a chocolate tart which I couldn't finish because it was like eating chocolate frosting. I took it home to share with Pooey instead. Unfortunately, I didn't photograph any of the food but trust me, it was good. :) Since I went home, I spent the afternoon watching music videos before taking a pleasant walk down Tower Bridge Rd. over the Tower Bridge, past the Tower of London, and into the City to meet Pooey and catch up with The Circle for dinner. Peishapan made curry laksa and chocolate fondue. Mmmmm, nums. Because we had booze, the night ended with Bridging and handstands.

Come Saturday, me, Pooey, and the Grand Empress toddled off to Hampton Court Palace to visit the home of Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn. Or at least me and Pooey were - we were pretty horrified when Grand Empress said she didn't know the whole story. I spent a bit of time telling her what I remembered of it (while at the same time criticising The Other Boleyn Girl) which turned out to be the right thing because she mentioned that without the backstory, the place would have been pretty boring. Here are some pics

Me & The Tudor Facade


The famous clock


Pooey tries to make some pies and collects a kid instead


Pritti gardens


The view to the palace from the gardens


Trying to find a shortcut through the garden's hedge maze


The Grand Empress really enjoys her ribena ice

Anyway, after the Palace, we decided to go to Primmy. The damage will be recorded in my post-trip shopping blog!

No comments: