Thursday, May 29, 2008

How I spent my time in Paris, mk 4

(Man, I really do have verbal diarrhoea)

One night, I went with Alix to a mini-reunion of some of his friends from his Sydney course. Since they didn't speak english that well, I was forced to speak a lot of french (woo, practice!) and try to concentrate very hard on what they were saying. I think I got most of the conversation and did participate on whether perfection in pronounciation or competence is more important - I'm on the competence side! We also rounded out the alcohol intake with a student meal - spaghetti and meatballs. I still can't believe the size of the the plates that the males ate that night. Huge.

On said conversation night, Amaury asked whether Alix had ta
ken me out clubbing. I answered in the negative whereby he instantly shouted out to Alix that he was un cousin tres merde! It was then mentioned that my happy day was here and that we were going out on that night. And what a night! Pop mixed with electro mixed with rn'b mixed with the Village People, mixed with alcohol...fun all round. A particular highlight was when a song completely unknown to me started playing and the crowd went totally apeshit. I was then informed that the song was some classic from the 80s/90s - I'm guessing something kinda like Janet & Luther's Best Things in Life are Free. And if you think French men are bold on the street, you should see them in a club. Alix's friend Marie rescued me from an insistent mec by telling him that ce soir, je suis sa femme. Thank you Marie.

Outside the club with Alix

Lights in the club

Okay, this should be pretty obvious to people who are still reading. The main think I did to spend time in Paris is one of my fave things of all - walking about! I rounded out the clubbing night by walking from the 8e to my place in the 4e, passing by some
nice landmarks on the way. Here's an imperfect photomerge of the Place de la Concorde from one of my rambling night walks.

So I end this block with some more pics from the pritti pritti place that is Paris. Toodles!

Palais Royale

A chair in the fountain at the Palais Royale

Luxembourg Gardens

Cour Carrousel

Tuileries looking towards Concorde

The Seine near Musee d'Orsay

Pont Alexandre III looking towards the Grand Palais

Y'all know this one!

No comments: