Thursday, May 15, 2008

(My love is like a) Heatwave!

Well what do you know? London, my best bud boy, really turned it on for me this week! When I arrived here last week, I'd been tracking the weather (naturally) and was pleasantly happy to find that it would be in the low to mid-twenties. I can't remember exactly when I first heard it being described by the term *heatwave* but I remember scoffing. Scoffing that such temperatures could be described as such. Obviously, these people have never lived through a 40-degree night.

But you know what? It was
warm!!! And being the tourist/bum I am, it was the best way to enjoy the heat! On Sunday, Pooey and I walked from Westminster to Millbank during which she admitted that if London were more like that (warm and sunny), she probably wouldn't hate living here so much.

Pooey enjoying a rare hot day

We also caught the tube around where we heard announcements telling people to drink plenty of water and be aware of people fainting. *snort*

But things (for us) got kinda silly when I read the newspaper on Monday and found out that the heat (26 degrees) resulted in 1000
MORE phonecalls to the 999 emergency lines! And the way they kept crowing about how the temperature was warmer than in Greece and Morocco. I mean, please people.

Anyway being the unemployed/student/tourists we were, here are some pictures of me and Roxy enjoying the London heatwave. Enjoy!

Contemplating the day at Southwark Cathedral/Borough Market


Having our photo wrecked by a business man and the wind on Millenium Bridge towards St. Pauls

With the dinosaur at the Natural History Museum


With a really cute stuffed tiger & cub int he NHM shop!


At Marble Arch

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mally! Looks like you had some luuurvly weather. xxx Amandine