Thursday, June 26, 2008

He's (kinda) back!!!!

I'm happy to report that while I have been having a very serious affair with a certain Spanish somebody, my husband decided he didn't like this and figured the best way to impress me was to take out one of this year's Wimbledon favourites. Yes, Marat Safin beat Novak Djokovic in straight sets. WTF!??!?!As much as I love him, even I was thinking it'd be another 2nd round exit.
(Pictures from Down the Line!)

While I'll stop short of saying perhaps we'll see a career resurgence (actually, we will see a rankings improvement), it really is nice to see him in the winners circle again. And it's probably just as well that my hubby has decided to claim what's his (i.e. me) because that certain Spanish somebody has been spotted on a date (i.e. not with me).


(Photo from Kickette)
That huge explosion sound was my heart breaking. *sniff* But on the other hand, I can respect a girl who can put that kind of goofy smile on his face.

No comments: