Tuesday, November 04, 2008

US elections 2008

Well I'm about to pop off to bed and by the time I wake up in around 8-9 hours, the USA will have a new president. As much as I want to believe the opinion polls that say Obama will win in a landslide, I really do fear that the most powerful man in the world will be Old Man McCain (although he's okay as far as Republicans go). But that's not my real worry.

My real worry is that if Old Man McCain does win, he'll die in office and we'll end up with Sarah Palin as The Most Powerful Woman in The World. Seriously, if everyone's foreign policy was based on which countries we could see from our windows, I guess Australia wouldn't have one. *eye roll*

Incidentally, I was mighty amused by this quiz result. I need to get out of medical research and into politics!


Are You More Qualified than Sarah Palin?

You are 100% more qualified than Sarah Palin. You're no short-term political stunt, you're the real deal, the VP the American people deserve. I guess your phone was off the hook when John McCain was calling around looking for a running mate... must've been one of those pesky robo-calls.

Find Your Character @ BrainFall.com

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Obama FTW! I voted so all there is to do is to wait.....

Also, not only are you 100% more qualified than Sarah Palin to be the VP, you are 17% more qualified than I am. Good job *thumbs up*

Vanilla Bear said...

I don't know what I'll do if McCain wins. Isn't it so much worse not having any say over it whatsoever?

Sarah said...

I got 83% more qualified too Steph! But I'm not looking to be the Veep, I'm pretty content just making fun of the choices. :)

And if McCain wins, I'm not leaving London. I'll live there illegally for 3.5 years until the next election rolls around.