Friday, March 20, 2009

Aeroporto issues

I'm about to head off to Isolation Town for a wedding - yay! - when I got hit up by issues at the airport - boo! They're not really big issues but I'm looking to kill some time before I have to go board.

I understand that aviation security is a Big Issue what with airborne terrorists nowadays. It's about 30 degrees in Mel-town and where I'm about to fly is also in the 30s. Naturally I'm wearing weather appropriate clothing - a black kookai singlet, denim half-thigh miniskirt, some sandals. And I get asked to get checked for the explosives test! WHAT?!?! Exactly where on my outfit would I be hiding those damn explosives?! And why didn't they ask the dodgy-looking guys who went ahead of me?! *huff huff huff*

Yes I know they're looking for explosive residue because I could have been fiddling with the chemicals elsewhere...but I remembered this article which pretty much says airport safety measures are useless in this country anyway.

No comments: