Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Impulse buy regrets?

So if you've seen me in real life or are privvy to my stalkbook profile, you may be aware that I wanted a new dress and that I went out and bought one. This desire for a dress stemmed from my sudden dissatisfaction that all my nighttime dresses are dark-coloured, poufy, and/or are all strapless. Not that there's anything wrong with that but I felt like a change.

Yesterday, Mischka and I decided to play hooky from work and went to the nearby shopping joint where, wonder of wonders, I found a dress that fit most of the criteria I was looking for - it's bright coloured, it's not a design I'd normally wear, it's actually quite interesting. We really liked it in the shop, and here's a pic of it on a mannequin.
I tried it on again tonight with shoes and accessories and I didn't feel the love again. I don't know why. It still looks the same as it did in the shop. Here are some pics as proof.
Please tell me I'm crazy for not loving this dress as much as I did 12 hours ago.

5 comments:

Pooey said...

it's orrite.
not the kind of dress i would buy or even try on in the store, but it actually looks quite noice on..

that being said.. i dun love it, but i would consider borrowing it off u moo hahaha

if it was <$50 keep it

between $50-100 consider returning it if u dun think u gonna wear it and buy something else

>$100 u better damn well wear it if u not going to return it

i go to primmy and buy 'different' stuffs for u

SuBoo said...

I quite like it - it's different which is refreshing :) Having said that though, if you don't feel the love, then you have to factor in the price and work out the opportunity cost.

So pretty much like what Frannie said, but with flexible price points :D

The Informed Makeup Maven said...

The dress is ok colour is pretty cool) but with it on you I think it needs additional tailoring along the seems to bring it in more at the waist and if you can lose the sash - it crowds and make your bottom look fumpy.

If you can, return it or alter it.

Sarah said...

I like it! Very 20's flapper. It's definitely something I wouldn't immediately pick out, but I think that's part of the appeal--it's not the same old, same old.

Vanilla Bear said...

I actually like the dress on you Callie, I think the frilly bit along the bottom is really black and white movie awesome. Everyone else seems to think differently though, and I'm no fashionista so I'd wait on Blue and Ali's comments if I were you lol.