Friday, March 06, 2009

Shit Week

I'd just like to take the time to write a really whiney post for a bit because the title pretty much says it all. I'm currently writing this on the machine attached to Pascal. Pascal whom I've spent over 20 hours with this week alone - it's almost as if he really is my bf! But the week got off to a shit start on Saturday when I fell down the stairs of my house while rushing to get to Pascal! This meant I went and crippled my *good* ankle. And then I followed that up by spending six hours with the machine on Saturday and another six on Sunday.

Here's a pic I took. It's a z-stack of microglia cells.

So I was pretty exhausted when I rocked up to the Lab meeting on Monday morning and found out that I have to give the meeting on this coming Monday! Crud! As a result, I've been working like a machine to try and get some interesting results to present. I have been stuck in a cycle of photographing the experiments (about 100 pics/day), going home and processing the figures, analysing them at night and morning, then going back on Pascal, pumping out another 100 pics, and then doing it again. Then some punk kid had the nerve to try and joke that I didn't do any work. You can imagine how entertainingly apeshit I went off.

Then I got stung by a bee on Wednesday and my arm went funny in reaction. Here's a photo that Pooey requested.

Because there's two sting marks, we think the bee and I must have run into each other, then when I accidentally hit him with my arm, resulting in the small sting mark, and he retaliated, resulting in the big sting.

It was pretty painful and I had a moderate non-fatal reaction. This means I will probably have a larger reaction next time I get stung. But the really stupid thing was I refused it ice it until I managed to pump some photos out of Pascal. Yes people, I really am that sad.

And I haven't even talked about how shit week the other Bears (namely Yodabear, Caramelbear, Vanillabear, Bluebear, Pinabear, Gingerbear and Chocolatebear) have been having as a collective!

*EDIT* There was an earthquake but my mum didn't feel it so I thought was crazy for a while thinking that the house was shaking when no one would confirm it to me. I'm glad the week is over!

2 comments:

Vanilla Bear said...

Aw Cal, I'm so scared of being stung by wasps/bees, you poor thing! Good luck with getting more out of Pascal, you can do it! *HUGS*

Stephanie said...

I don't think I have ever been stung by a bear. I guess we collectively just pissed off the cosmos, although I'm not quite sure how VanillaBear managed to escape unscathed.