Friday, March 27, 2009

Stop Press!!!

Just after I pressed *post!* on the last entry saying nothing was happening, my office was stormed by The Pom who told me in disgust to go look at the BBC website, go to their news headlines and to click on the article about a study that has drawn links between drinking hot water and cancer. Well I figured that's very important - after all, we all drink a lot of tea and its part of our professional interest. What I saw reduced me to peals of laughter and him to splutter loudly.
(Click to embiggen!)

Yes indeed, the BBC has been reduced to describing the oesophagus as "food tube". I wish I could remember the entertaining ranting that happened while I was laughing. There were statements of worry about the state of education in the United Kingdom and dumbing-down of the BBC. I suppose I shouldn't laugh too much - who knows if one day the retina (my organ of specialty) might be called "that thing in your eye that helps you see"...

4 comments:

Pooey said...

oh i guess i should address the 'food tube' description too.

don't laugh moo. People can't learn basic anatomy if they have no grasp of the English language ... eerrr even though this is the UK and the official language is English

i fink it's time to go home and yay for the weekend...

Vanilla Bear said...

Just as well I don't drink mine steaming hot! Also, lol at food tube!

Sarah said...

Hahaha oh dear.

Flaneur said...

definitely check out the movie, "Idiocracy" (2006), http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/
I think it is HAPPENING...