Sunday, May 24, 2009

Birthday blowout

To celebrate my descent into senility, 14 close friends and I went to Cafe Vue for their Friday cocktail night, the theme of which was fittingly enough, 'A Taste of Asia' (previewed by ellemischka here!).

Now, because I am retarded, I did not manage to get a pic of the menu nor of everyone there. Anyway... QQ, Lydia, Ruilin, Laulita, Natty, Ladiesman_217, dancinghula, Rao, Suboo, nickyliou, jenn, AnnieB, Dr. V, elleMischka, and myself settled in for a night of stronger than expected cocktails!

Luckily, they publish their cocktail online so here's a screencap of what we had!

Course 1 - the pancake...didn't look like a pancake but very tasty!

Suboo and jenn enjoy their apple shogun.

The keduree (curry flavoured) risotto and samurai gure-pu.

Ruilin and laulita listen intently to QQ.

Natty and ladiesman_217...

and Suboo and I get smiley.

jenn gets ready to photograph the veal belly and une buke. Nums!

The compressed melon...which kinda tasted like normal melons...

And I didn't manage to get a photo of my sago pudding but which was pretty damn tasty or as mischka described it - better than expected! Since Ruilin didn't drink, I had to have some of hers as well. As you can imagine, Saturday was a world of pain although I am proud to say that I didn't disgrace myself! I would like to thank everyone who came and again recommend Cafe Vue cocktail night as an event to have!

P.S. It has been requested that I make a comment about going out dancing afterwards. I have only two things to say - Baroq and Baraki are extremely dodgy and Suboo is a man-magnet!

2 comments:

SuBoo said...

Errr dodgy guys YES.... man magnet NO!!

The Informed Makeup Maven said...

Hottie alert!