Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Old School Hotties - Edition Homme

A while ago I did a post on old-school Hollywood actresses who aged gracefully. Since then, I've been thinking of compiling a similar lists for male actors and here it is. Unfortunately while all the females on my list are still alive, all the men on my list are deceased and some of whom grew old and fat before then. Tant pis. Let's get this list on the road!

Paul Newman.
Seriously, what more do I have to say after posting this photo?! Apart from being a hottie right up until old age, he was also awesome at giving to charity and married to the same woman for 50 years. Awesome.

Marlon Brando
Forget the fat and bloated old Brando. Watch A Streetcar Named Desire (1951), especially the 'STELLA!!! STEEELLLLLAAAAAAA!!!!' scene and imagine the madness when this movie was shown to 110 girls (as so happened when it was shown at my school).


Gene Kelly
All singing, all dancing, some people prefer the top and tails of Fred Astaire but Gene's dancing was more physical and, dare I say, masculine? Plus, I don't see the equivalent of the 'sexy' or 'what a hottie!' threads present on Gene's IMDB board on Fred's!

Marcello Mastroianni
Geez, where would I start on Marcello...I suppose all I can say is that Caramelbear considers Marcello her only older man. Yes, he is that smooth he overrides her tendency towards young emos.

Gregory Peck
The man of honour in To Kill a Mockingbird, the romancer in Roman Holiday, looks good in a suit, that voice... Atticus Finch, the enigmatic and yet somehow obtainable perfect man. *sigh*

and I don't really rate him, but I'm just going to put in this photo of young Elvis for the orangehoodies.

In other news, I'm pleased to find that Sean Penn has discovered the errors of his way and decided to get back with Princess Buttercup. Good for all!

2 comments:

Vanilla Bear said...

Gene! <3

Also Gregory Peck is admired by both women and men:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=real_men

Hehe I loved this post Callie, old Hollywood was much sexier than new.

Stephanie said...

Marcello! one word- PIMP!

Love him <3