Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Decadent Tuesday!

Following a quick email exchange today and I ended up waiting for Lydia in the GPO ABC shop before heading to a noodle shop for dinner. I had the
Bún bò Huế
(Source)
she had the Bún chả giò. Mmmmmmm.....Viet flavours are so nice in these warm summer nights.

This innocuous and gentle start to the evening then evolved into what will now be known as DECADENT TUESDAY!

At some point in our post-dinner conversation, the topic was turned towards the fact that my desire for cake that had not been sated by eating an almond and chocolate danish/croissant-esque pastry for morning tea, and secondly venues where I should have my Submission (oioi) party. Somehow we decided that we should go to one of the locations I was considering, so that we could partake of some crème brûlée (okay, it's not a cake but I'll still eat it :P).
And so we strutted up Lt. Bourke to go to one of my favourite bars out of my many favoured bars of this glorious city, Siglo.

While perusing the drinks menu, our lovely night could only be enhanced by having a Bellini.
Think about it. The combination of peach liqueur, peach nectar, and chilled prosecco drink, as a side to a delightful dessert on a warm summer's evening, while sitting on a rooftop terrace overlooking Parliament and surrounding gardens. Lydia decided that she would have one too. But hark! Should we be drinking booze, eating custard, and staying out late on a weeknight that wasn't Friday?!?! And then Lydia made it all better by declaring "Of course! It's Decadent Tuesday!"

Hopefully this will become a monthly event.

3 comments:

Pooey said...

where u go in city for bun bo hue? cant imagine that it would be that good?
mmm hungry... will i be back in time for the submission partay?

mallymoodle said...

It was good enough to hit the spot!

And I will try to hold the party when you're in Melbs...still not sure when I'll be submitting...

Vanilla Bear said...

My Tuesday was anything but decadent :/ lol