Thursday, May 19, 2011

I *heart* Ikea

Now that I've moved to an unfurnished apartment, I have to look for furniture. This of course means trawling through Ikea's EPIC WEBSITE and then epic trips to their store out in Eching/Neufarn. And these trip(s) prove that I'm not the only one who loves Ikea - everytime I say I need to go or am going, others pipe up with requests that I tell them when so they can either go as well or hand over print outs of what they want.


Because I have absolutely no furniture (other than a Hampen and Ringum), I really get to look at the various room conformations for inspiration on how to express me (with a budget) and build from the bottom up. Do I want to get a Florvag mattress or should I lash out and get the firmer Flataker? What size Expedit bookcase should I get? I want to invest in a sofabed for visitors who'd find it strange to share a bed with me (hai Smee!) - is the €90 Solsta really that comfortable?! The Knubbig lamp is cute - do I want it in white or colour?! These are the deep issues that plague me.


What I have definitely decided on that I will probably get the large pieces of furniture in neutral black and white (easier to sell on), and then girl my room up with soft furnishings, interesting bedsheets, or pictures. Either way, it's going to be a fun month's shopping!

No comments: