Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Theeeeeeeeeeeeee HILLS ARE ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!

Now, I am not a great fan of the movie The Sound of Music. Thinking back, I think I've watched it about 4 or so times, but this partly due to the frequency of it being repeated on TV. I'm not even sure if they're complete viewings. But like getting excited when I see Melb Uni or in various movies, I sure got excited to visit the locations featured in the movie!!! Again, out of laziness, we did the same tour as Pooey and it was hosted by a highly amusing tour guide. I can't really remember much from what we were told on the tour or the order of it because my excitement was tempered by lack of sleep from discovering that both Dad and Thai snored. But we can relive it through photos!!!


Being a cheesy Asian with the cheesy tour bus!

First stop! The place that played the rear of the Von Trapp residence! Interesting fact I remember - the girl playing Gretl (the smallest one) nearly drowned while filming the scene where they fell into the lake!

The lake also featured heaps of baby birds - look, a line of goslings!

The next stop was Hellbrunn Palace which also played the side/front exterior of the Von Trapp residence

Also at Hellbrunn was the custom-built gazebo where Sixteen going on Seventeen was set! I somehow managed to almost replicate Pooey's pose from 2008! As with her, this also elicited some laughs from fellow tourbus peeps.

Umm...I think this was supposed to be Confidence Alley

I don't remember what this was but it sure looks pretty!

I can't remember what this was either. I think it was just overlooking some Alpine Lakes.

Me admiring how pretty everything is.

The tour then went to Mondsee where the church that the Captain and Maria were married in  (movie-wise, not in real life) is located. We also decided to have strudel for lunch here. Bro had the apple, pictured here...

while I decided to try and make up for all the weight I've lost by eating a cheese strudel! Miam, custard.

The sleep dep really hit me in the afternoon and I fell asleep on the bus. As a result, Ireally don't remember what happened after lunch. It was probably more alpine lakes. We got back to Salzburg proper some time in the afternoon and the bus fortuitously deposited us right opposite the Mirabel Gardens! Feeling slightly rejuvenated but the nap and the purchase of earplugs, I coralled Bro into helping me replicate some scenes from Do-Re-Mi and Pooey's photos! I think the poor quality of the photos betray his discomfort at having to participate in the fun.


Skipping under the archway

Copying the heroic sculptures!

And finally making sure that I didn't make the same mistake as Pooey and having my right arm up to hit the final high note!  

Messing around the gardens, I also made some new friends

My friend, the Unicorn

My other friend, the Lion.

Having fulfilled the aim of going to Salzburg, I went back to the hotel and collapsed into sleep.

2 comments:

J said...

Salzburg was so much fun!! hahahah I love your photos!!

Pooey said...

Naice dress.