Thursday, June 10, 2010

Cakes and cookies and booze!

Today I left work early to bake a cake for ACB bake-off

Caramel and pear upside-down cake aka FAILcake
(It's not upside down, yet)

and then just in case the cake failed (it failed epically the last time I made it), I made some back up cookies!!!
Yes, I baked ALL THESE COOKIES as a back up

And then I went back into the city for dinner at HUTONG with Mischka, Gordo, and The Client. But first, Mischka and I went to 1806 for pre-dinner drinks seeing as the door staff said our table wouldn't be ready for a while.

The 1806 booze wall

My frangelico, fresh lime juice, with a side of soda

Spare cookies for eating

Mischka getting comfy

This is not from dinner, but here's a bonus pic of Pomish pierogi! Miam miam

1 comment:

The Informed Makeup Maven said...

mmm, better still booze soaked cookies and cake!