Saturday, July 14, 2012

12 Days, 6 Cities - London

Eventually we made it back to second home aka Rundon, and I've gotta say, I've got some concerns about how the Olympics will run. I say this because there was a massive queue for cabs at the St. Pancras/Kings Cross Eurostar terminal. Okay, it was the same night that England played Italy in the quarters of the Euros...but still!!!

So basically we did in London what I always do in London - shopping! But this time with bonus Ma company! As always, we made our way eastwards from Marble Arch and we did start off with Pa but after about 30 mins in Primmy, he said *Righto, I'm off! Toodle pip!* I would also like to say, and Pooey acknowledged this, that I took shopping in Primmy to another level by trying on clothes while walking through the store. Yes, I have finally conquered la Foule!  
We took a short break during the shopping to take this pic on Regent St. with the flags that are up for the Olympics!

But London wasn't all shopping and eating - we also made it to Leicester Square/Chinatown for some Asian roast meats (which I'd been craving) and to make sure that Pooey wasn't alone when we went to watch Singin' in the Rain. 
All Aboard the M&M bus!

Waiting for the show to start. 

I can barely contain myself.

Singin' in the Rain was sung just before intermission. Here are people mopping up the (chlorine-smelling) water.

Ma and Pa outside the theatre afterwards

And then Pooey, H, and me.

So then, my thoughts on the show? It was good and it was enjoyable but...I don't know, I think the movie is more coherent. They have really expanded the role of Lina Lamont though and I must give a shoutout to the actress playing that role (name forgotten). She was really good. It must be hard to be that shrill all the time. 

On the last day of my trip, we paid a trip to Piccadilly to raid Fortnums and try to have afternoon tea for lunch. Unfortunately the restaurant was booked out (boohoo) but I got a selection of biscuits and a tin of jubilee tea! Ma and Pa also went a bit crazy and bought about £40 worth of foodstuffs. Yarm. We ended up going to Rasa Sayang for lunch where I got to fulfill a last craving for laksa. By now we had to get back so I could make my way to the airport and return to Muenchen. The nice gate guards at Blackfriars let Ma, Pa, and Pooey come to the platform and wait with me! 

And so, I did survive 12 days travelling with the Parentals (and sometimes with bonus Pooey). However out of exhaustion and stress, I did declare that as much as I loved them, I was never going to do this for Ma & Pa again. Ma's reply? "That's okay, I'm not coming back to Europe, it was too stressful. You're just going to have to come back to Melbourne." Well then! See you in SIX MONTHS!!!

No comments: