Sunday, July 22, 2012

David Guetta concert

A few months ago, I got an excited group email from Ruben saying that David Guetta was coming to Munich and did we want to go? I gave an excited affirmative reply. It turns out that other people weren't so willing to come (it wasn't cheap and it was in a kind of strange location), but who cares?! Me and two of my hombres? That's a FIESTA!!!


And so that's how I ended up standing in Konigsplatz on a humid Saturday night in some gummistiefel (gumboots) hopefully ready for any rain while listening to commercial dance music. He played a two and a half hour set containing pretty much all of the songs I knew, kicking off with
Titanium - feat. Sia
When Love Takes Over - feat. Kelly Rowland
Without You - feat. Usher
And a new song whose title I can't remember. Something I noticed though - unlike other djs who remix their songs when in concert, while the songs were mixed into each other, they largely sounded like their radio edits/the youtube vids. This was a good thing in my opinon!

A funny moment was when the guys went off to get bier and told me to stay where I was so they could find me again. Needless to say, they never came back and I ended up dancing with people who looked like teenagers. When the concert ended, I found them on the other side of the fence. And they had the nerve to say I was the one who moved!


Also, it didn't rain that much which is lucky - other friends who were at Odeonsplatz (about 1km away) said it rained like crazy there!

No comments: