Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Another thing to tick off the To Do list...

Today I swam in the Eisbach - the stream that runs through the Englischer Garten. Despite being an alright swimmer, it was pretty stressful for me because I can't say I've ever swam in such a strong current for a long time. It's strong enough to push you along without much effort on your own part. Plus all those warnings about cutting my feet/breaking my limbs/losing my bathers from Amy didn't help. In the end, despite having to hang onto some of the guys and Amy along the way, I did manage to get out without much injury. I did lose one of my contact lenses though so I declined a second round because I didn't want to risk losing the other and ending up walking around blind.
However, here is a picture of me with Schminke in the small Eisbach (Schwabingerbach)

Next Garten activity to tick off the list - getting nekkid in the Schoenfeldwiese. I'm not sure if I will try to make photographic evidence of this. 

2 comments:

Pooey said...

Ew... swimming in a river

mallymoodle said...

Yeah, that was also my initial reaction. Now I never have to do it again!