Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My hotel

I'm in Bremen for work purposes, hence my visit to the airport. I haven't been required to travel much for work so far, but Chrish told me that when he went to Geneva for work, he'd been booked into a hotel where all the furniture had been bolted to the floor. Way to make someone feel welcome! Anyway, my hotel is not like that at all.

Chosen because it is literally across the road from where I'll be doing my thang, the hotel is pretty nice and the furniture is able to be rearranged. 
Haribo Gummibaerchen on the pillows!

In addition, when I checked myself in, I was told that they would expect me in the hotel restaurant for my 3 course dinner. Huh, what? The receptionist then handed me a letter saying that I'd been booked into the hotel under some *Sommer Spezial* that included a welcoming dinner and a city discount card. I'm not sure how much of the discount card I'd use but the dinner was greatly welcomed!
The amuse-bouche, a cold cucumber soup. Refreshing.

First course - Salad with marinated tomatoes and frischkaese. I had no idea how I was supposed to eat the cheese and tomatoes. I ended up digging it out with a fork and spreading it on bread.

Main course - fish fillet and vegetable risotto!! Mmmm, fish.

Dessert - Sweet lasagne! Definitely the highlight of the meal, it consisted of deep-fried pastry with layers of mango and chocolate ice cream!

So pooped out from the eating and travel, I retreated to my (air-conditioned) room. There is a possibility that I may have to return to Bremen in Oktober for more work. If so, I look forward to returning!

No comments: