Friday, August 24, 2012

But being in Bremen wasn't all walking around and taking photos of architecture!


Since Bremen is close to the sea (well, closer than Munich in any case), I decided to try sushi again. The place I went to (Captain Sushi at the end of Boettcherstr.) was pretty good! It was staffed by Japanese people and I decided to return the next day to try out their sushi train buffet. On a normal day, the buffet is €33 and I decided that to get my money's worth, I would have to eat at least 10 plates. I ended up eating 13 plates but upon paying, I discovered that the day on which I rocked up was LADIES NIGHT meaning, it was cheaper than I expected! I wonder what the staff thought of my sitting there and just eating everything that passed though. Hehehe.

Here is some of the work I did which will not be described here. Just allow me to say that in terms of work, I found the trip to be very fruitful!

On the topic of fruitfulness, to get from my hotel to work in the morning, I had to pass these vending machines for cigarettes and various condoms and sex toys. The second one was a bit of a puzzle until I gave it a bit of thought - the hotel (and work) was also across the road from the University and shops in Germany are generally not 24 hours!

No comments: