Saturday, January 19, 2013

Back in Melbs

Not that I was counting or anything but two years, one month, and 10 days after I left, I was finally back in Melbourne. I'll admit it, it was an odd feeling; I suppose it was something akin to having a memory defect as everything was oddly familiar and yet...not. I couldn't remember where Ma and Pa kept spare cups in the kitchen! I'll also confess to thinking, *What am I doing back here? I want to go home to Munich.* Because really, my parents' place wasn't my home anymore. Eventually, I reacquainted myself with the layout of the house, settled back in, and headed out to the things I've missed while being away - hanging out with friends while eating Asian food!

After stopping over at one of my former favourite watering holes, The Supper Club, Me, Pooey, Spuey, the Vandepoons, Laulita, Marene, and Junes headed to a place that's clearly sprung up after I left, Red Spice Road at QV. Serving 'modern' pan-Asian food, everyone ordered a dish to share and tucked in.
Pooey and Spuey concentrating hard while the duck, lamb, and crocodile sit in front of them.

I think I have lamb and tofu here. 

Laulita and Junes looking blurry.

Not used to eating like this anymore, it turned out that n dishes were a little bit too much and we all rolled home...before I got up the next morning and headed to the pool for a swim before setting out to meet up with Omar and the Vandepoons again for more eating!
Can I just say, after the efficiency of the u-bahn, Melbourne public transport sucks. On the other hand, this is a great view of the city while I waited over 20 minutes for a bus. 

Looking over the freeway.

Walking through a small patch of snake-infested grass and trees along the freeway. 

So apparently, I didn't take a photo of/with Omar but here's a pic of the Vandepoons!

Mmmm...

Eating a chicken foot!

Smashed all of that food! 

And then since it was a lovely day and not too hot, a short walk was taken to work off the food and elevate my vitamin D levels.
Oh cheesy Chinatown gate, I've missed you!

Beautiful clear blue skies, I've missed you too! 

No comments: