Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Resolutions/Vorsätzen

I'm going to do something different this year and re-visit the resolutions from last year!

  • Save money - okay, clearly I did not do this in 2012. I think I started off well (looking at my spreadsheet), but then things just went chaotic in the second half of the year. Hehehe. 
  • Ride my bike - DONE!!!
  • Prune the friends from my FB account - NOT DONE!!! 
  • Lose 2kg - UNKNOWN!!! My gym doesn't have scales (or I haven't found them) but my clothes still fit which means I have at the very least maintained my size!
  • Ich werde mehr Deutsch sprechen! - DONE!!! Tricky to assess but according to Fabi and my colleagues, my German (or at least, my willingness to speak German) has improved immensely. The vocab and grammar are still a bit shaky but almost everyone says that my accent is excellent :D

And so now that that's over, let's move onto what I will do for the coming year!
  • Eat better. I don't think I eat particularly badly but it can't hurt to have more vegetables and fibre. And if I eat better most of the time, it won't be so bad when I go on a cake rampage :D  
  • Exercise more. I'll probably take up ballroom dancing to add a bit of variety to gymming. 
  • Drink less. Clearly, I drank a lot last year. Hopefully this will help me...
  • Save money. Something that's always worth a shot.
  • Be happier. I don't think I was particularly unhappy in 2012, but there were definitely moments of dissatisfaction with the lifestyle I was leading. This then leads to...
  • Do more cultural things. It probably won't work with resolution number 4 but if it works with number 5 and cancels out 3, it's still good. 
Wish me luck!

No comments: