Thursday, January 17, 2013

Short stop in Singapore

Despite previously having many stopovers in Asian airports on my way to Europe, I never actually left any of the airports and ventured into the cities. This was usually because I was either too anxious to make it to Europe or rushing to get home. This time around, I took a stopover in Singapore in an attempt to stave off jetlag and catch up with some Sing-based friends.

My stopover was for 16 hours in total, but once you cut out things like time taken from landing to actually exiting the airport and then add things like the time needed to get to the airport for the next flight...I wasn't actually spending that much time there! Nevertheless, I still managed to meet up with JenFong & Tony (and crash to sleep and shower at their place - mega thanks!), and then catch up with Miss Pooky and Yvonne on Orchard Rd.
The Hainan Gai Fan (Hainanese Chicken Rice) that Pooky and I had for lunch. I haven't had this for YEARS!!!

Followed by tea and macarons at  TWG in ION. 

It was hard to believe that it's been nearly 3 years since I saw some of these girls - we had a lot of chat about as they scolded me about taking such a short break. The reality was that there wasn't much time to go out and do touristy things other than shopping and eating, and so extracted a promise from me that I would one day stop over at least overnight. I'll see what I can do!

No comments: