Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Assorted Melbourne Eaties

A big thing about my trip was the eating. As I've previously said, numerous times, I really miss Asian food in Munich. Little surprised, I gained 3kg while back in Melbs so here's some of the stuff I ate that didn't manage to get their own entry for whatever reason.
I wanted to return to Hutong to get some dumplings but there was a degree of debate about whether it has *gone down* since I left. One of the places now touted as being *better* was Shanghai Street, where I had these dumplings. I'll say it - they were pretty good!

Their chilli wontons were also good. It reminded me that when I have wontons, I should just eat them like this instead of doing the whole noodle shebang and then crying about not having char siu pork.

FINALLY! SOME XIAOLONGBAO!!! I MISSED YOU, I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!!!

And I have really missed having chinese broccoli in oyster sauce as well. *sigh*

Crazy Wing was touted as somewhere I should try because they have some wings that are so spicy that they were apparently impossible to eat. Challenge accepted!

And failed - they were too spicy for me and Spu to eat (far right). We each took a bite and put them back down again. The other flavours were okay but...yeah, not the most hygienic looking places to eat. 

I didn't manage to get a souvlaki (huh, gotta rectify that next time I'm back), but I did manage to get to Stalactites around 1am with Pooey and Spuey and we shared a meat platter and saganaki.

Chicken and beef combination pho with extra giblets because I love vital organs. 

Mini chicken and tofu burgers from Le Miel et la Lune. And mushroom *chips*

Pooey's vegetarian breakfast from Le Miel et La Lune

Real, proper, milk tea with pearls! Really fresh pearls that were sticky and gooey and not hard in the centre!

POISON PORK ROLL!!! I only ate one. And after I ate this one, I wanted another one immediately :(

Okay, I wasn't craving macarons but when Pooey said *Let's get macarons!!!* who am I to deny her? :D

No comments: