Friday, February 08, 2013

Laksa Bar

I have really missed eating Laksa while in Munich. That combination of curry spices, coconut, fresh herbs, hokkien noodles, and all that other stuff...frankly, it was a bit amazing that it took me until the last few days of my trip to eat it! The reason for this was that RachiePoo claimed to know a place that was better than the legendary Laksa King on Flemington Rd. Big call. I had to check it out.
 My laksa with chicken.

It was pretty good - the broth was nice and thick, with liberal pieces of tofu, clams, and herbs. But my main criticism would have to be that given how rich the soup was, I really didn't like the fact that the chicken had been fried. It was just too much. Despite her confidence that it was better (and that others had said so), Clinty and I were unconvinced. Clearly what I need to do during my next visit is to eat both Laksa King and Laksa Bar in quick succession (with Smee) to decide!

No comments: