Friday, February 01, 2013

Raving with SHM

About midway through 2012, Swedish House Mafia announced that they were breaking up and would be going on a world tour. But alas! They weren't coming to Munich - the closest they would be coming were Prague or Schladming! I really considered the 3 hour train ride to Schladming but ultimately already had plans that weekend :(. When I got back to Melbs, Pooey told me that they were playing at the Music Bowl in a couple of weeks - she knew because her friend, Mattie, was flying over from Perth for the concert, I was all :D :D :D and managed to nab myself some tickets! And apparently I was really lucky because it was sold out but due to some mix-up, MOAR tickets went on sale! 

The weather in Melbs had been beautiful since I'd been there, mid 20s to mid 30s, with clear blue skies and sunshiney days. Perfect days for an open air concert/rave. It's a real pity that that evening it poured like hell. As someone later described it to me, "It hadn't rained in 2 months, you got really lucky that night." 
I was wearing raving clothes - jeans and a singlet. I went to Daiso to get some ponchos to for rain protection. This was the view of the street from Daiso...

I wasn't the only one with that idea - check out the sea of ponchos!

But I'll be damned if I'd be spending my entire time under a sheet of plastic! Either way, I was perfectly dressed for a wet t-shirt party.

Nickyliou demonstrates that it wasn't just incredibly wet - it was also windy. Or as I preferred to say *It's like being at Glastonbury!*

I later met up with NanceA who was a First Aid volunteer at the concert. She reported that people were coming in with hypothermia. But despite the horrendous weather, we were there to party, dagnammit! It was so wet that the touchscreen on my phone wasn't working properly so I didn't take that many pics. Many of these are ripped from Junes' fb album.
The sound and light show were pretty amazing. 


And this no doubt contributed to everyone's enjoyment! Look at those happy faces despite being drenched! It was so hot in there while dancing the Nickyliou's glasses fogged up :D

Because when SHM were on...

they totally went off!!!

We sure did!!!!

When contacting Pooey about picking me up, I requested that she bring me a change of clothes because I would have soaked the car if I remained in my wet jeans. But the party continued after getting changed - we met up with Mattie and his friends, and still wound up from the house music, we proceeded to go clubbing! First time Pooey had gone since she'd arrived back from London 4 years before :D
And the party still continues!

No comments: