Sunday, February 03, 2013

Still got it!

I was a bit apprehensive about driving again in Melbs seeing as I hadn't driven a car for the entire time I've been living in Europe. And it was a bit strange to be behind the wheel again, although to be truthful, the physical act of driving a car wasn't what was strange - it was the bizarre intellectual feeling of knowing where I was supposed to go, but what I was seeing not completely matching my memories because, of course, things  had changed since I was gone. 

One thing I was a bit concerned about was the loss of my ability to parallel park a car. I used to be very proud of my skill at doing this - male friends had complimented me on my ability in the past (hai Clinty!). Thankfully, my fears were unfounded and one evening after parking my car on the way to dinner, I was SUPERPROUD of how well I parked the gogomobile that I took photos to share how well I did it! 
I'm pretty proud of myself for looking at this space, that turned out much smaller than initally perceived, and thinking, *Yeah, I can totally get the car in there!*

Pretty close to the car behind me!

And pretty close to the tree in front! I'll admit, although I got the car inside in one move, once I saw how close I was to the car behind me, I moved closer to the tree so they could get out of their own small spot (they also had a tree behind them. 

And a suitable distance away from the kerb!

The girls at dinner laughed at me when I said how proud I was and showed them my photos. But having said that, I gave Misch and Marene a lift to their homes/cars, and when they saw it in person, they agreed as well - I did a pretty damn good job. :D

No comments: