Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Conference Days

My time back in Melbs wasn't supposed to be all eating, shopping, partying, and lazing in the sun. I was also going back for a conference. This was great because I was finally able to properly explain to my friends part of what I've been doing in Munich for the last couple of years (other than drinking, partying, travelling, and lazing in the snow). In addition, I got to catch up with so many friends and former colleagues who I hadn't been able to see by that point. 
And we also got to laze around in the sun! Everyone agreed to help me boost my vitamin D levels.

The conference also had an Early career researchers mixer where I got even more time to hang out with Marene and get advice from senior researchers (publish, publish, publish).

Finally, here I am with my poster. I got some pretty good feedback and positive responses, hence my happy smile. 

 Old and new members of ACB/A&N!

Big Bear Rob and I compete on who can be the most Asian :P

Either way, it was both incredibly fun to catch up with people, but also very intellectually stimulating! I left a few of the symposia and talks making notes that I needed to look up the publications of the presenters so I could show them to my lab back in Munich. 

No comments: