Monday, August 19, 2013

Cravings

I was at the gym yesterday - WOOT! - but before the session, I developed a serious case of Asian Food Craving. (That distant scream you hear is of The Asshole Leprechaun crying in disappointment.)

Anyway, as I walked towards the gym, my mind started thinking about how much I would really like some noodles, yeah....it's been a while since I got myself some ramen....but then while I was chugging some water on the elliptical trainer, I was thinking that I should get a soy egg in the noodles to up the protein content given that I was working out....actually, maybe I should just skip the noodles and go to a meal that's got a better protein to carb ratio...so as I was on the rowing machine, I realised it had been a while since I went to the Korean restaurant and even longer since I had bibimbap....mmm, that combination of rice, vegetables, egg, and beef with a spicy sauce and some kimchi on the side...hmmm, it had been a while since I'd eaten asian pickles, I thought while doing my weights...maybe I should get some bun bo la lot since that's something I never make for myself and it's relatively high in protein, with a good fresh vegetable mixture, but as I was doing my stretched, I was mentally ticking off the Viet restaurants in the area and whether they were open....

And so in the end, I settled on this:
Boiled meat and vegetable jiaozi.
Relatively high protein, lower in calories than if they were fried, I was pretty satisfied.

Although I kinda wanted to chase them down with a bowl of soup noodles....

No comments: