Thursday, September 11, 2014

Lago di Garda - Day 3

Last day it was, but not the last of our adventures around the lake! We decided to drive around the lake to visit another town, Bardolino, and then heading into some vineyards to try out the local wine.
I can't remember the name of where we chose to have lunch but I'm pretty sure I could remember how to get there!

It was truffle season and you're damn right we stuck into them! This is carpaccio with cheese and liberal shavings of truffle

Pasta with truffle and porcini. I never thought I'd ever say I wish I didn't have porcini in a dish, but the flavour of those mushrooms were more dominant in this :( Good thing I'd had the carpaccio beforehand.

Grappa, anyone? Anyone?

Then we took a stroll in the town. It was probably the most touristy/German of those we'd visited so far. 
Except for this guy. He was posing like an Italian.

So purdy

The weather this day, so perfect

We then drove around the lake looking for vineyards to visit.
During which we saw this BEAUTIFUL VIEW

Which called for a selfie!


And a portrait or two.

While we did visit some wineries, they wouldn't let us take photos next to the grapes. When Tammy saw a vineyard that wasn't fenced off, she turned the car off the road to take advantage of it!

And then we took a few more photos of the wonderful scenery before heading back over the Alps.

We all agreed - this trip was perfect and exactly what we all needed. So the road trip for next year is set - COMO!!!

No comments: