Wednesday, July 19, 2006

How to blog

I confess - there have been times when I've bitched at my sis for her lack of updates. There have also been comments that people don't understand how I can do a phd and yet I still seem to post updates fairly regularly. So I shall confess to how it is done.

The secret is to integrate blogging into random things that you are doing in order to alleviate boredom. For example, this post is being written while I'm completing some microscopy on a machine that's hooked up to a computer. I'm booked on this microscope for a 3-hour block. I'm not going to be staring down the objective for the entire time - hell no! So during those times when the microscope & compy are doing their automated stuff, I take the opportunity to prattle on.

There's another 2 hours left of my booking - it's possible that this may be a multi-post day. *sigh*

No comments: